Exercise Referral Trainer
The qualification aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to plan and instruct programmes for exercise referral.
- Professional practice for exercise referral instructors
- Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral
- Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
- Instructing exercise with referred patients
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
Learners should be 16 + years old and must hold one or more of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
How is the Course Assessed?
- Portfolio of evidence
- 1 practical assessment
- 2 external theory assessments (multiple choice)
Future Employment Possibilities
This qualification can lead to employment as an ‘Exercise Referral Instructor’ or in any role that involves tailoring exercise for people with medical conditions covered by the qualification.
- REPs CPD points: 20
- Level of entry onto REPS: Level 3
- CIMSPA Endorsement points: 10