Level 3 Diploma
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as fitness instructor. Learners will develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct gym-based exercise sessions for (apparently healthy) adults of all ages. This involves learning how to teach a variety of gym-based exercises and use a range of gym equipment to plan and deliver gym sessions. They will also learn how to provide effective support for clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
No prior qualifications are needed for this qualification, however, learners should:
- Be 16+ years old
- Have a basic level of fitness
- Have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3 and above.
How is the Course Assessed?
- Portfolio of evidence
- 1 Practical assessment
- 2 external theory assessments (multiple choice)
- REPs CPD points: 20
- CIMSPA Endorsement points: 10
- Allows learners entry to REPs at Level 2
Future Employment Possibilities
This qualification can lead to employment as a Fitness Instructor within the chosen discipline. Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 2 member, specialising in their area of expertise. Potential roles at this level could include:
Gym instructor – carrying out gym inductions and writing health-related gym programmes for gym members