Sports Massage Therapy
Level 3 Diploma
The Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF) provides learners with a combination of knowledge and skills to be recognised as a qualified sports massage therapist. The qualification is suitable for individuals who wish to pursue or further a career in sports massage, providing sports massage therapy to a wide range of clients, inclusive of sports performers, athletes and individuals suffering from day to day problems such as repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension and fatigue.
The qualification has been designed for:
- Individuals who wish to work and/or seek employment as a sports massage therapist
- Individuals considering a career in active leisure
- Individuals already working in the active leisure sector wishing to enhance their career progression opportunities
- The qualification will enable learners to work as a sports massage therapist in variety of organisations, such as sports massage therapy and rehabilitation clinics, wellness clinics, spas, coaching facilities, fitness facilities and sporting organisations.
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Sports massage treatments
- Type – Blended learning
a mixture of face to face and home learning
Whilst there are no other specific entry requirements an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) is involved and learners should have basic skills in communication. Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
Apply for this course
The qualification is recognised by the Complementary and Natural Care Council (CNHC) and the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT). To read more about the CNHC please visit: www.cnhc.org.uk. To read more about the GCMT please visit: http://www.gcmt.org.uk/
Successful achievement of this qualification will give individuals a licence to practice as a sports massage therapist and enables successful learners to access the massage register regulated by the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). Learners who achieve this qualification will Further details about the CNHC and their associated membership bodies can be found at www.cnhc.org.uk.