Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
The IQL Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification is a one-day course that covers a range of CPR and First Aid skills. The training enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
This course will provide the learner with an IQL Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, which is accredited by Ofqual. The award is valid for three years as of the date of assessment.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is 6 hours and can be delivered in one day or split into smaller sessions over a 3 week period. The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, including practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
Every candidate must establish prior to commencement of training for the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification that they will be 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment.
Apply for this course
Emergency First Aid at Work is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is the marketing name for this qualification – its ‘accredited title’ as listed with Ofqual is: IQL – Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work and the qualification number is 601/1156/2.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
- Unit 1 title: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace A/504/4517
- IQL is the Awarding Organisation of the Royal Life Saving Society UK