First Aid at Work Qualification
The IQL Level 3 First Aid at Work Qualification is a three-day which course covers a wide range of CPR and First Aid skills and includes the Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus and also equips the first-aider to apply first aid to a range of specific injuries and illness.
This course will provide the learner with a recognised IQL First Aid at Work qualification, which is accredited by Ofqual.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- How to conduct a secondary survey
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- How to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
The First Aid at Work course is 18 hours and includes practical work and theoretical classroom work, as well as a practical assessment on CPR and first aid. The course will delivered over three consecutive days. The award is valid for three years as of the date of assessment.
Every candidate must establish prior to commencement of training for the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification that they will be 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment.
Apply for this course
First Aid at Work is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
The First Aid at Work course is the marketing name for this qualification – its ‘accredited title’ as listed with Ofqual is: IQL – Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work and the qualification number is 601/1149/5
This qualification is made up of the following units:
- Unit 1 title: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace A/504/4517
- Unit 2 title: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the workplace F/504/4518