Level 2 Certificate
Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism, which is more than one in every 100. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of theories relating to autism
- Further your personal and professional development
- Understand what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.