Children & Young Peoples Mental Health
Level 2 Certificate
This programme is designed to equip you with an understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health issues. It is aimed at learners from healthcare, social care and education backgrounds.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Further your personal and professional development
- Understand children and young peoples mental health
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Know about specific mental health conditions that children and young people may experience
- Understand the impact mental health concerns can have on children and young people
- Understand the significance of being diagnosed with a mental health conditions
- Understand person-centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns
- Understand how to promote mental well-being in children and young people.
- Understand the concept of mental health
- Know the legislation and guidance that applies to children and young people’s mental health
- Understand risk factors that may affect the mental well-being of children and young people
- Understand how abuse or bullying may affect the mental health of a child or young person
- Understand stress and anxiety in children and young people
- Understand depression in children and young people
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.