Improving Personal Exercise Health & Nutrition
Level 2 Certificate
Poor diet and lack of exercise are recognised as some of the major contributors to ill-health. Regular exercise and a balanced diet help to reduce stress, improve sleep, reduce the risk of illness and increase life quality. Therefore, having a good understanding of diets, the role of nutrition in exercise and personal motivation is an important part of maintaining well-being.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Increase service standards.
- Learn the importance of health and safety within the leisure industry.
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Understand the concepts of health and well-being
- Understand factors that could have a negative impact on health and well-being
- Understand factors affecting personal motivation
- Understand basic anatomy and physiology
- Understand diet and nutrition for exercise
- Understand energy requirements for exercise
- Understand fluid replacement for exercise
- Understand the importance of exercising safely
- Know how to measure personal fitness levels
- Know how to follow an appropriate personal programme of exercise and nutrition
- Know how to evaluate the personal programme of exercise and nutrition
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.