Infection Control in a Health & Social Care Setting
Level 2 Certificate
Around 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high quality care, especially considering the capacity of some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within the care environment.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Gain a better understanding of good personal hygiene and maintaining a clean environment
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.