Introducing Caring for Children & Young People
Level 2 Certificate
All children and young people deserve to be safe and well cared for within a safe and protective family. However, unfortunately this is not always the case. With over 50,000 children identified as needing protection from abuse in the UK, it is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitative behaviour that some children experience. Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures, is essential to helping those affected.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Understand the importance of creativity and imagination for the development of a child
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Young children’s development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Respecting and valuing children
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Importance of play for early learning
- The value of play to young children
- Sharing learning experience with children
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.