Safe Handling of Medication in Health & Social Care
Level 2 Certificate
Modern medicines are powerful substances that have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe consequences including death. Having up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with these substances.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Demonstrate your competency in handling medication
- Further your personal and professional development
- Create better preventative care by identifying how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication appropriately
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Understanding medication and prescriptions
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Understanding the requirements for the safe administrations of medication
- Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.