Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Level 2 Certificate
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability and it is vital for those working with these individuals to have good knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system. Owing to the fact that they are likely to find it more difficult than others to describe their symptoms, it is also essential to be able to recognise signs and symptoms of various conditions.
- Engage with the programme for 18 weeks
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Improve your understanding of the term ‘learning disability’
- Further your personal and professional development
- Understand the importance of safeguarding individuals from abuse and the importance of a person-centred approach to risk-taking
- Learn without the need to attend college
You Will Study:
- Understanding the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Principles of positive risk – taking for individuals with disabilities
- Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
£400.00 Full Cost – Government funding may be available
Type – eLearning
Online learning with 1:1 tutor support
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
Apply for this course
NFCE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.