Leisure and Employability Course
This course has been designed with industry experts and key employers within the fitness industry to give insight into employment within the active leisure sector, identifying routes of employment, continued professional development and the benefits of working within one of the largest growing sectors within the UK.
The 2016 State of the UK Fitness Industry Report reveals that the UK health and fitness industry is continuing to grow. It has more clubs, more members and a greater market value than ever before with over 224 new public and private fitness facilities opened in the last 12 months.
Learners will cover:
- The basic structure and function of the human body in relation to exercise and fitness
- Using a personal exercise programme utilising the principles of fitness (frequency, intensity, time, type and adherence)
- An introduction to the role of the fitness instructor
- An introduction to the fitness industry and careers in fitness
- The basic principles of assisting in leading an exercise session safely and effectively
- The benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle.
- Interview preparation
- CV writing
- Job searching and looking at opportunities to develop further with specific courses for job roles within the sector
- HABC Level 1 Certificate in Personal Development for Employability (QCF)
- HABC Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service (RQF),
- YMCA Awards Level 1 In Fitness and physical activity